Personal Data & Research Fields
Ralf Ebinghaus is an analytical and environmental chemist and head of the Environmental Chemistry Department at Institute of Coastal Research, Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, near Hamburg.
He is also Professor (h.c.) at the Faculty of Sustainability Sciences at Leuphana University of Lüneburg. His research fields include transport, deposition and air/sea-gas exchange of atmospheric trace constituents, such as mercury and persistent organic pollutants (POPs) with special emphasis on substances of emerging concern for the coastal, marine, and polar environment.
Ralf has published more than 200 articles in peer reviewed journals ( h-Index = 52) and several book chapters. He has co-edited three books and is editor of the CSIRO Journal "Environmental Chemistry", co-editor of the EGU Open Access Journal "Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics" and associate editor of "Chemosphere".
Ralf is a Member of the Pool of Experts for the United Nations World Ocean Assessment and Visiting Professor for Senior International Scientists awarded by the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2014.
- Department for Environmental Chemistry
- Leuphana University of Lüneburg
- journal "Environmental Chemistry"
- journal "Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics"
- journal "Chemosphere"
- Diploma in Chemistry, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Dissertation in Chemistry (PhD), University of Hamburg, Germany
- Habilitation in Environmental Chemistry, University of Lüneburg, Germany
- Professor (h.c.) in Faculty for Environmental Science, University of Lüneburg